Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths. ~~Proverbs 3:5-6



Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bad mood plan, Day 1!

Alright, I decided that I needed a kick-start to losing some weight.....after reading the cover of my all*you magazine that boasts "Lose 7 lbs in 7 days!". I'm biting all*you, and you better follow through (that way it isn't my fault if I don't see results)!

The food seems fine, it's basically limiting yourself to 1200 calories a day, but there is this green smoothie that you must start your day with - it's supposed to aid in getting rid of water retention, etc. Ingredients are as follows:

  • 1 cup chopped parsley (stems and all), yes it does say 1 whole cup!
  • 1/4 cup no sugar added pineapple
  • 1 inch ginger root (peeled and grated)
  • 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tsp honey
  • 1/4 cup water

It doesn't taste bad, it just smells....well, really parsleyish. And it looks like creamed spinach that has been liquefied. Nice huh? Not really what you want your first beverage of the day to be, but again I will say, it's not too bad.

So, here's my confession, I did good all day with my healthy options for snacks, oh and for lunch I had this yum-o Healthy Choice cafe selection meal, Chicken Margherita (chicken, noodles, tomatoes, roasted garlic, in some sort of yummy sauce).........like I was saying, I did good all day until I got home and ate some frozen pizza (we forgot to thaw meat out for something slightly healthier), and I overdid it on the pizza. SOOOOO, now I have to go walk extra laps. Errrr!

p.s. Pray for my hubby since I could possibly take out my irritation and frustration on him since I can't eat the things that I really want. And for those of you who have ever had an apple fritter from Donut Palace - there is a boxful of those in my kitchen right now that he forgot to take to work, and they are calling to me as I type this!!!!

1 comments:

Kathryn said...

You need to bring those apple fritter things to MEEEEE.... those are soooooo goood (wish we had a donut palace here)

Oh yes and good luck with the diet