Monday, August 23, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Saturday, August 14, 2010
We were backing out of the driveway yesterday morning when Abby informs me: "Johnny showed me a book at school yesterday with a picture of naked men with socks on their weenies."
Well, of course I was flabbergasted! I had so many questions, but I didn't know what to ask first. One thought was of the Red Hot Chili Peppers - but then I realized that 3rd graders don't even know who they are. I chilled out enough to rationally ask her what kind of book he had, and she tells me: "I don't know what kind of book it was, but the 2nd man on the left looked like a vampire and it freaked me out, but thank goodness I didn't have bad dreams last night!"
So, now we are dealing with a naked vampire! I experienced another deeper level of flabbergastedness!!! I pondered on the whole scenario on my 30 min drive to work and after a discussion with one of my co-workers, I decided to call the teacher. What a trooper Mrs. Sweeton is! She calmly informed me that she would immediately get to the bottom of this issue, and she assured me that she would keep me informed of the outcome.
Not even 10 mins later, I got a call back from her. Seems that our school's library has quite a collection of National Geographic magazines. You know, that magazine that always has pictures of African tribes in their natural surroundings? War paint on their faces, loin clothes, the full on experience? Yeah - that's the naked vampire. I've GOT to let my daughter out of Chickamauga, GA more often!
Sunday, August 8, 2010
We were driving thru town earlier tonight, and passed some pre-teen/teenage boys (so hard to tell ages these days - they all look so young!!!!), and I decided to tell Abby that I have certain requirements when it comes to her "liking" a boy (when she is older of course!). I would appreciate any input that anyone has regarding this matter. So far, this is what I have:
- He must be a good Christian boy
- He HAS to wear a belt - or at least wear pants/shorts that fit so that his underwear does not show
- Considering the last requirement - he can't go shirtless when out in public (unless he is at the pool or beach)
- Hats are to be worn either frontwards or backwards, but definitely not sideways
Posted by Lynné at 10:18 PM
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
I'm a momma of a 3rd grader! WOW!
This pic is of her first assignment, it's called "What's Your Bag?". She was to find 5 things that say something important about herself that could fit inside a lunch bag.
Her explanation (in her own words):
1) Jamaica hat - she loves Jamaica because her Nana and Popaw are missionaries there
2) UGA pin - because we love GA football
3) Girl Scout bracelet - because she's a Girl Scout
4) Fruit Roll-up wrapper - because it's her fav snack
5) Jesus - because she loves Him and worships Him
Oh, how I love my (not so)little girl!