Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths. ~~Proverbs 3:5-6



Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sit down and shut up (pretty simple really!)....

We just had small group here at the house and during our meeting we discussed why people seem to think that being a Christian is something wildly complicated. Various people had ideas and beliefs about the subject - but I wanted to get a point of view from some fellow bloggers. So feel free to comment away and I can't wait to read them!

I'll leave you with this little tidbit from my pastor's sermon this past week (in regards to our servitude to our eternal Father):

  • Stop!
  • Sit down!
  • Shut up!
  • Listen!

It sounds like things that we would say to our children - so what works for us would also work for Him as well, right?!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

In regards to your post, I think we make "being a christian" so much more complicated than it is sometimes! (myself included)