Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths. ~~Proverbs 3:5-6



Sunday, July 12, 2009

Abbyisms

Out of the mouths of babes (this list has been compiled over the last few years)...

  • We were sitting at McD's eating dinner one night, and Abby had a slight case of the "toots". She kept saying "I tooted!" We repeatedly told her that she didn't have to say anything except "Excuse me." Out of the blue, she burped rather loudly and stated "I tink I farted!!" We about died laughing! **and no, I did not misspell think - that's how she said it**
  • One evening we were outside (cleaning cars or mowing, I don't recall), and Abby said she was going inside and she would be right back. A few minutes later I wondered what she was up to, so I went inside to find her yelling for me from the bathroom. She asked me to wipe her bottom because she had been praying to God to help her, but she "wiped 2 times and it was still there." I started laughing and she was like "Momma it's not funny, I really did pray and he didn't help me!"
  • On the night of Abby's kindergarten Open House, she had been sick, so Daddy had to go alone. When he got home he decided to have a talk with her about the rules that they had at school and how we were going to use these rules at home (respect others, no yelling, etc) Abby interrupted him and said "Can you tell me this later? I'm missing my movie!" So much for starting new rules that night!
  • You know the little song....."Danny and Lynne' sitting in a tree....K-I-S-S-I-N-G". Abby used to go around all the time singing it, with various peoples names filling in, but hers was pretty unique - she spelled kissing - "K-I-S-S-Y-and-Z".
  • One morning before school, I was trying to clean Abby's nose out pretty good (I think maybe she was recovering from a cold). I can remember that the mucus was quite thick, and Abby ended up gagging just a little bit. I tried to change the subject and make her laugh so that the gagging wouldn't progress to anything more, and she told me to "pick your own nose Momma!!"
  • You know that stuff that you put on your skin to keep from getting sunburnt? According to Abby, that's called "sunscream".
  • I did a post a while back about some shoes. Pink Skechers to be exact. 6 year old Abby was so excited when we gave them to her because she had "waited for 17 years for those shoes!!!" Can you believe that?

2 comments:

Noah's Mommy said...

I have one to add. After learning to drive the powerwheels on the driveway Abby says "wow this is practice and now I can get my license."

Noah also calls it sunscream

AG said...

Good Job on recalling all that cute stuff Lynne'! I loved reading that and it made me miss my Addiebug. She is in Atlanta for the week! :(