Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths. ~~Proverbs 3:5-6



Monday, March 2, 2009

a sad anniversary

Today is the anniversary of my grandfather's death. Pam - I told you wrong - it's been 12 years.

Bless my grandmother's heart - I talked to her while I was driving home from work tonight, and the only thing she would say was "I'm glad I was so busy today - I didn't have an opportunity to dwell on it." Thank goodness for her boyfriend, Allan (yes my Nanny has a BF!). He has been such a blessing in her life!

FLASHBACK:
The night before Popaw died, Danny & I had gone to Wal-Mart and bought a few doughnuts (enough for 1 each for Nanny & Popaw, and Danny & I). At the time, we were living in their upstairs bedroom. So we had put the doughnut box on the kitchen counter and not given them a second thought, until Popaw came out of the kitchen with a huge bite of doughnut in his mouth and asked "Who's doughnut is this?" After chiding him playfully - I said "Well, I guess it's yours now isn't it?" (He was always trying to "get" you by doing silly things - ie. hiding your car keys, etc) In the course of laughing and just having a good Saturday night in with the grandparents, he told me that he was going to wake me up at 7:00 the next morning so we could go for a walk. I asked nicely that he please not do that - because I loved sleeping in on the weekends. Well, low and behold - guess what time my grandfather passed away that next morning? Yep - about 7:00.......how wild/ironic/spooky is that?!

We're not entirely sure what he died from - it was either a massive heart attack or an aneurysm. But thank goodness we were there for my grandmother's sake. We had only been back in town for a week - obviously God had a hand in our move back from Huntsville!


2 comments:

Noah's Mommy said...

Wow has it really been 12 years? I don't think I have ever heard this story though.

Lynné said...

yeah, Danny and I had almost been married 6 months when he passed.....hard to believe isn't it?