Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths. ~~Proverbs 3:5-6



Sunday, November 2, 2008

Abby's Thanksgiving show

Ok, so - Abby's teacher sends home any important papers for us to go over, etc. These come home a few times a week - and sometimes we get things that pertain to functions, others are homework or graded papers, and then there's just general FYI's. A few weeks from now, the 1st grade will be performing after the PTO meeting, and we have to practice the words to the "songs" that they will be doing. When I updated my background on here, one of her songs popped into my head. See if it disturbs you as much as it did me:

"Fly turkey, fly real fast,
today is going to be your last.
Flap your wings and get away,
farmer's going to eat you today.
Fly turkey, up in a tree,
where the farmer cannot see.
Fly turkey, don't make a sound,
get away from Farmer Brown."


Ummm....helloooooo? I mean, we're not a vegetarian family or anything, but DANG, that's just cruel! And to beat it all.....Abby just cackles everytime we rehearse it! There is something wrong with that girl (besides being my spawn!)!

3 comments:

Noah's Mommy said...

Too funny. Reminds me of this song that was on a tape when I worked at the daycare. Ladybug Ladybug Fly away home your house is on fire and your children will burn. No joke

Anonymous said...

OK the juice box costume is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Love it!!

King Family said...

Abby & I are on the same page. Hilarious& surreal