Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths. ~~Proverbs 3:5-6



Thursday, April 23, 2009

My take on peanut butter pie...

Ok, so I am notorious for never really following recipes (maybe the 1st time [rarely], and then make substitutions as I see fit). I know other people have problems following directions as much as I do! A lady at work was telling me about this recipe, and I told her that after she actually made the pie and said it was good, I would try it. It was a hit with her, so I decided to make it for our small group (LIFE group to be exact). After reading the recipe, and it stated specifically to cut small slices due to the richness, I decided that I would make some alterations to suit me.

Lynne's Peanut Butter Pie
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar (the real recipe calls for 1 cup)
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (I used the low-fat kind), softened
  • 1 (8 oz) tub whipped topping (I used sugar-free)
  • ice cream topping (I used Magic Shell)
  • 1 store bought pie crust (Oreo was recommended, but I used a graham cracker one)

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients* except the toppings and crust. Blend with a hand mixer. Gently fold in whipped topping, pour into pie crust and freeze for at least 2 hours. Once frozen, drizzle with Magic Shell and re-freeze for 20 minutes.

Thaw slightly before serving.

**I dumped all the ingredients in my big KitchenAid mixer, and didn't worry about "gently folding" in the whipped topping. It worked out just fine!

Let me know if you try it out! It's sooooo good!


0 comments: