Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths. ~~Proverbs 3:5-6



Saturday, August 14, 2010

School days....

We were backing out of the driveway yesterday morning when Abby informs me: "Johnny showed me a book at school yesterday with a picture of naked men with socks on their weenies."


Well, of course I was flabbergasted! I had so many questions, but I didn't know what to ask first. One thought was of the Red Hot Chili Peppers - but then I realized that 3rd graders don't even know who they are. I chilled out enough to rationally ask her what kind of book he had, and she tells me: "I don't know what kind of book it was, but the 2nd man on the left looked like a vampire and it freaked me out, but thank goodness I didn't have bad dreams last night!"


So, now we are dealing with a naked vampire! I experienced another deeper level of flabbergastedness!!! I pondered on the whole scenario on my 30 min drive to work and after a discussion with one of my co-workers, I decided to call the teacher. What a trooper Mrs. Sweeton is! She calmly informed me that she would immediately get to the bottom of this issue, and she assured me that she would keep me informed of the outcome.


Not even 10 mins later, I got a call back from her. Seems that our school's library has quite a collection of National Geographic magazines. You know, that magazine that always has pictures of African tribes in their natural surroundings? War paint on their faces, loin clothes, the full on experience? Yeah - that's the naked vampire. I've GOT to let my daughter out of Chickamauga, GA more often!

3 comments:

WorshipGladly said...

LOL! Sorry but even though you told me this yesterday, I still crack up about the "naked vampires with socks on their weenies" part. And yes, I know it wouldn't be near as funny if it were coming from my daughter! :) I'm waiting for the blog about your impending birthing...

Noah's Mommy said...

Ha ha ha ha. Too funny. I actually snorted.

Lynné said...

Wow, then it was a good story if I made you snort Danielle!

Thanks Mel! Ha, yeah right, impending birthing. That will definitely need to be elaborated on!