Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths. ~~Proverbs 3:5-6



Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Me & my crazy dreams

You know those commercials, where the "average Joe" turns into a well-known diva because of hunger? And as soon as he takes a bite of a Snickers bar, he is back to normal. Yeah, cuz Snickers really satisfies (I only wish I was getting paid for this post)!



So in my dream last night, I won a contest. The prize was to go onstage and sing with Third Day. Which, if you know me well at all - you know that would be a dream come true.

So, we're at rehearsal, doing our sound check and what-have-you. Mac Powell is all "You can't sing a B flat?" And I am all "Can't the guitar or keyboard give me my note?" And get this - I turn my eyes away from him to look at the other back-up singer (not that Third Day has "back-up" singers - it's just 4 guys rockin' out for the Lord!) and then look back at him - and "he" has turned into Mariah Carey!!!

Ugh, even though he wasn't being nice to me in the dream, I still like to look at him!!!! Come on, it's Mac Powell!!

So, I then proceed to shove a Snickers bar in his mouth and then I woke up! Hello, can I have closure?!

Mac - I am prepared if we ever meet! I am ALWAYS gonna carry around a Snickers because I have no urge to meet Mariah Carey, but I would be honored to meet you!! The real you - not the "diva you"!


1 comments:

WorshipGladly said...

OK, this was absolutely hilarious! You shoving a snickers bar in Mac's face?? PRICELESS! I can definitely get behind you singing with the guys, though - you have an amazing talent, my friend! Such an angelic voice from such an angelic person... [HA - sorry, I tried to keep a straight face, truly I did!] Just curious - did you eat pizza before you went to bed? Was this one of those pizza dreams? Actually, sounds like you must have chocolate dreams instead! I just realized that I haven't had a Snickers since last year - egads! No wonder I've been so ornery lately! :)